Photographs of a men’s role play in a Fair Trade Cooperative! Tupa Tupa means ‘drink, drink’ – the man’s nickname.
- women do all the work on coffee
- men take all the money to gamble, drink and buy presents for his ‘girlfriend’ in town
- the man gets put in jail because of a fight
- the lawyer and police chief work together to extort bribes from the family to secure his release
- the family is left without money
- the only winners from the whole coffee production are the corrupt officials
- ….till they use the GALS participatory visioning methodology
This would make a very interesting sequence of photos clarified through cropping and overlaid with gouache/crayon and put as a series. Challenge to do this without text.
I also have interesting drawings of gender stereotypes and empowerment from women and men. And a women’s role play. I would need to select carefully.